* What Does your Board of Directors Need?
* How to Articulate and Develop Risk Appetite within your Unique Culture
* COSO in the Real World
* Managing and Coordinating Risk Management Roles
* From SOX Compliance to ERM Value
* Tools, Techniques and Approaches for Building Sustainable ERM Program
* The Value Proposition for ERM: A Case Study
* Town Hall Session
* Quantitative Measurement of Operational and Strategic Risk: Fact or Fiction
* Integrating ERM into Strategy
* Integrating ERM with Performance Management
Mercer Oliver Wyman is the sponsor and they certainly know Risk Management Consulting. What is interesting about the conference is the location. The Financial District in New York City is "Ground Zero" for much of the risks that any organization is encountering these days whether they are credit, market or operational.
What is really the call here?
This conference is intended for executives who need a better understanding of the roadmap for a strategic risk management program. The 2005 ERM Conference is intended for Chief Risk Officers and everyone charged with overseeing integrated risk management in their companies. Attendees at past conferences have included CROs, CFOs, General Auditors, strategy, finance and operating executives.
The most relevant topic we see at this two day conference could be good for those CRO's who still are unclear about COSO:
COSO in the Real World
Concurrent Session C1: 1:15 - 2:15 pm
COSO has provided the “standard” for enterprise risk management.
We will talk about how companies are using the COSO guidelines
and how they are adapting them for their companies. We will also
learn the level of interest at corporations to follow COSO guidelines.
Should you be thinking about this? How do you respond to board
inquiries about COSO?
Director, Enterprise Risk Management
Capital One Corporation
Enterprise Risk Manager
Chicago Mercantile Exchange Inc.
If you don't know about COSO, here is an Executive Summary
Post a Comment