Top 10 Most Effective Cybercrime Policies
CSO recently partnered with Carnegie Mellon's CERT Coordination Center and the U.S. Secret Service to survey the cybercrime landscape. Here are the methods that our 500 respondents identified as the most effective to fight e-crime.
1. Engage in internal employee monitoring.
2. Have a written inappropriate-use policy.
3. Require employees and contractors to sign acceptable-use policies.
4. Monitor Internet connections.
5. Require internal reporting to management of insider misuse and abuse.
6. Host employee education and awareness programs.
7. Develop a corporate security policy.
8. Conduct new employee security training.
9. Do periodic risk assessments.
10. Conduct regular security audits."